Is your organisation ready to learn from mistakes?
Learn the core knowledge and skills to be an effective Team Leader or a valuable member of an investigation team.
Using a realistic scenario, delegates will learn the fundamental principles of root cause analysis and put them into practice. They will conduct a thorough investigation, drawing appropriate conclusions and identifying suitable preventative measures.
Working in teams, delegates will create their own timeline and discuss findings. The course is delivered in a way to encourage interaction, which enables delegates to share opinions and ask lots of questions.
All our course objectives are subject to your specific needs; here are some examples:
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of the requirement for identifying the underlying causes of incidents and near misses.
- Understand the key principles of Root Cause Analysis
- Identify key issues to implement an investigation.
- Identify potential sources of evidence.
- Use a systematic method of conducting interviews and effective questioning to gain information from witnesses.
- Apply a methodical technique to identify the sequence of events that resulted in the serious occurrence (Events and causal factors analysis).
- Understand how to determine the critical factors
- Determine the root causes using various analytical tools (Fault Tree Analysis and 5 Why’s)
- Prepare effective corrective actions
Any personnel involved in the Incident Investigation process.
This training will be tailored to your exact requirements. For more information on our development process please click here.